Thursday Volunteer Nights
The BNB Hub
284 Amory St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Every Thursday night
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
(except when canceled, as listed on home page)
Come help us process donated bikes to use in our programs!
- All skill-levels welcome!
- Show up without RSVP!
- Drop in any time throughout the evening!
- Occasionally volunteer night will be canceled due to holiday. Such cancelations will appear in our events list on the home page.
Work may include the following common tasks:
- "Flattening" bikes -- turning the handle bars sideways and the pedals inside-out so that the bikes fit easily into a shipping container to send overseas in our international programs.
- "Stripping" bikes -- taking all the parts off of a frame (needs to be done for bikes that have some broken pieces).
- Sorting parts
- Other things too!
A volunteer coordinator will show you what to do, and no experience is required.
Bringing a group
Please schedule groups with us at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact Eric Mearns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to our limited capacity, not all group volunteering requests can be accommodated, and we can only accommodate groups of 5 or fewer people.
Helping out at volunteer night you can earn credits to be redeemed for used bike parts and accessories! We can also provide a letter confirming your volunteer time (useful for community service).