Press & Media
Bikes Not Bombs is proud to be featured in the following publications and articles.
For all press inquiries, please email Gary Chin, Director of Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three more cities embrace the transformative power of the bicycle
Ron Johnson, 1/8/2023
Q&A with Bikes Not Bombs (regarding Bikes Not Bombs COVID-19 pandemic response)
Green Streets Initiative
Janie Katz-Christy, 10/25/2022
Dorchester, Mattapan and Roxbury left out of first phase of bike expansion plan
CBS Boston, WBZ-TV
Courtney Cole, 9/7/2022
Boston is getting 9.4 miles of new bike lanes, 100 new Blue Bike stations, says Mayor Wu
Madeleine Aiken, 9/6/2022
The New Freedom Trail: Bikes Not Bombs leads kids on a bike overnight through Boston's historic past
Adventure Cyclist (Adventure Cycling Association)
Carmen Aiken, 4/2022
Bikes Not Bombs Receives $130,000+ Grant for Green and Mobility Jobs
Jamaica Plain News
David Ertischek, 1/28/2022
Bicycle Advocates Celebrate Massachusetts Avenue Bridge Protected Bike Lane Pilot Program
The Scope Boston
Sam Cronin, 12/8/2021
Bike collection helps get wheels turning toward better lives
Sandy Quadros Bowles, 9/18/2021
Local youth ride for racial and economic justice in annual Bike-A-Thon event
Mission Hill Gazette, 9/10/2021
In Nationwide Pandemic Bike Shortage, Opportunity Pops a Wheelie Around Boston
Polina Whitehouse, 10/29/2020
Cycle Check-Up: Bikes Not Bombs Was Geared up for a Crisis Like COVID-19
Jose DaSilva, 8/11/2020
Boston After School & Beyond Awards $2 Million to Sixty-Eight After-School Programs to Provide Enrichment
Boston After School and Beyond
REDF Awards $3.9 Million to 13 Growth-Stage Employment Social Enterprises to Expand Fair-Chance Hiring Opportunities
Roberts Enterprise Development Fund (REDF)
Recipients of Grants for Green and Mobility Jobs Announced
City of Boston Environment Department, 1/21/2022
Podcasts & Video
Recycle That Bicycle, Boston's 'Bikes Not Bombs' Inspires Renewed Rides (1:14) [Segment starts at 0:30]
WBZ News Radio
Jay Willett and Karyn Regal, 7/28/2022
'Bikes Not Bombs' in Jamaica Plain Using Bicycle Repairs as Tool for Social Change (2:15)
CBS Boston/WBZ Channel 4, 4/20/2022
Bike advocates share the benefits of cycling, push for safer conditions (3:09)
The Scope Boston, 3/24/2022
Spoke & Word - Monthly Newsletters
Please subscribe to our email list for the best formatting and direct delivery.
- January 2023 Spoke & Word - Save the Date for #BAT2023!
- February 2023 Spoke & Word - Apply to Spring Bike School!
- January 2022 Spoke & Word - Check out the new BNB website!
- February 2022 Spoke & Word - Bike School Applications are Open!
- March 2022 Spoke & Word - Save These Dates!
- April 2022 Spoke & Word - Register for the Bike-A-Thon and Summer Programs
- May 2022 Spoke & Word - Last Chance for Free Bike-A-Thon Registration!
- June 2022 Spoke & Word - 50% Off BAT Registration!
- July 2022 Spoke & Word - BNB Doubles Training and Employment Opportunities for Marginalized Youth
- August 2022 Spoke & Word
- September 2022 Spoke & Word - The 2022 Bike-A-Thon Was a Major Success!
- October 2022 Spoke & Word - BNB is Hiring!
- November 2022 Spoke & Word - Give to BNB this Giving Tuesday
- December 2022 Spoke & Word - Happy Holidays from BNB!
- January 2021 - Celebrate Black History Month with BNB
- February 2021 - Letter from the Director, and our new 2025 Strategic Plan
- March 2021 - Loading up for Rwanda and Spring 2021 Youth Programs
- April 2021 - Wrapping up Earth Month with Bikes Not Bombs
- May 2021 - Bike-A-Thon, Volunteer Night, and youth programs registrations are open!
- June 2021 Spoke & Word - Welcome to our new Youth Apprentices!
- July 2021 Spoke & Word - Help us Load for El Salvador!
- August 2021 Spoke & Word - Volunteers and Riders needed at the Bike-A-Thon!
- September 2021 Spoke & Word - Bike School is Expanding to Roxbury!
- October 2021 Spoke & Word - Youth Pathways is Growing!
- November 2021 Spoke & Word - Finish the Year Strong at Our Bike Shop!
- December 2021 Spoke & Word - We're Gearing Up for Growth in 2022!
- January 2020 - Warehouse Sale on Feb 2, Free BAT Reg. Continues!
- April 2020 - BAT 2020 & other events postponed
- May/June 2020 - New Shop Hours, Bike Match & Summer Program Updates
- July 2020 - Building Momentum Breakfast, Yard Sale, Summer Programs Update & more!
- August 2020 - Programs open for enrollment; 636 bikes sent to Rwanda!
- September 2020 - You're invited to the Building Momentum Breakfast!
- October 2020 - Newly released 2020 Impact Report for our Building Momentum Breakfast
- November 2020 - Don't miss our Holiday Sale- 20% off BNB inventory!
- December 2020 - 20 Successes in 2020 and a Note from Executive Director, Elijah Evans