Bike-A-Thon: Ride Details
Join us for the 36th annual Bike-A-Thon in Jamaica Plain on September 17th, 2023!
Preparing for the Ride
Registering to Ride
Riders can register as individuals or as part of a team. Some of our biggest fundraisers have been part of a team, either with their friends, family members, or their co-workers! You can find more information about registration here.
Riders can manage and view their fundraising efforts on the same site where they register here. You can find detailed instructions for how to set up your fundraising page, how to collect funds, how to meet your fundraising minimum, and more.
What Should I Bring?
- Bring your helmet! All riders are required to wear a helmet.
- At least one water bottle.
- A GPS device or smartphone with an app to view the Route you are riding. We recommend Ride With GPS and using their free 7-day trial to enable turn-by-turn directions.
- We also recommend bringing sun protection: sunscreen, sunglasses, and a cycling cap with a visor are all good options.
- Please bring any needed inhalers, EpiPens or medication that you might need and keep it with you at all times during the ride.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, you may want to bring along some of your own snacks for extra fuel. Food provided will include fruit, coffee & tea, water, sports drinks, peanut butter & jelly, bread, yogurt, and granola for breakfast and snacks; and a delicious and filling lunch with many vegetarian and vegan options.
All of the Bike-A-Thon routes will be leaving from 100 Boylston St. in Jamaica Plain, MA 02130, right by the Stony Brook MBTA station on the Orange Line and the South West Corridor bike path.
You can ride your bike, get a ride, use public transportation, or drive your own car.
Bikes are allowed on most of the MBTA lines and on the Commuter Rail at all times during the weekends, and you can view more information about bringing bikes on the MBTA here. Per the MBTA website, bikes are not allowed on station platforms at Downtown Crossing, Government Center, or Park Street; on the Green Line; or on the Mattapan Trolley.
The closest Commuter Rail stations are Forest Hills and Ruggles stations, both of which are located on the South West Corridor bike path. Forest Hills is a 1.3 mile (approximately 7 minute) bike ride away and Ruggles is a 1.6 mile (approximately 10 minute) bike ride away.
Car parking is limited, so please stay tuned for an updated parking map for recommended nearby streets. Two options for parking nearby are the free parking lot at The English High School or the paid parking at Forest Hills station. Both are within a 10 minute bike ride away from Stony Brook Field via the South West Corridor bike path.
We recommend that you arrive early to accommodate for time spent looking for parking. Always make sure to check signage!